I adapted this from an advertisement feature in the BBC GoodFood magazine of December 2006 - almost 10 years!
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
125 g [1/2 cup] unsalted butter - softened
200 g [1 cup packed] light muscovado sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
225 g wholemeal(or plain) self-raising flour
25 g cocoa
75 g dried cranberries
100 g white chocolate chips
100 g milk chocolate chips
12 pecan halves (optional)
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure to mix well everytime.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the bowl and mix well.
- Add in the cranberries and chocolate chips and combine well.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F.
- Shape the dough into 2-inch (about 75 g) balls - yields 12-14 pieces.
- [Optional] Press a pecan piece on top of each of the balls.
- Arrange the balls about 1-inch apart on greased baking trays. Flatten them slightly. If necessary bake in batches.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Leave on the tray for about 5 minutes and transfer on a rack to cool completely.